Your Career @ Full Slate
- Senior Engineer (Contract)
- Full Slate is looking for a senior engineer (contractor) to work on a distributed system supporting real-time daily operations for thousands of small businesses. The ideal candidate is motivated, self-directed and excited by the opportunity to employ modern web-scale architecture in services used regularly by everyday consumers and small businesses.
- Extend architecture and implementation to meet scale requirements over time
- Design and implement optimizations to improve manageability and reduce CPU, memory and storage requirements
- Ensure high availability, fault tolerance and general robustness for components and system as a whole
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks that may preclude scale well in advance of user-facing performance degradation
- Work with product manager, support and engineering leadership to design low-latency solutions
- Identify and prioritize factoring of existing code base to support agile processes and keep code base maintainable
- Review and recommend new technologies, libraries and cloud services
- Not afraid of large legacy code
- Be proactive, communicative with good sense of idealism and pragmatism
- 5+ years building production multi-tenant enterprise services deployed at scale
- Deep familiarity with Ruby ecosystem, and eager to learn new languages and technologies
- Recent experience with profiling and other diagnostic techniques required to monitor performance of busy services on Linux
- Experience with asynchronous server-side networking and logic
- Experience with Postgres or other ACID-compliant data stores, real-time distributed search and data processing
- Experience engineering services from the ground up and agile, iterative improvement of existing production architecture
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience designing asynchronous low latency systems
Submit Your Resume
- Sound like you? Please send your resume to email@example.com, plus points for a public github profile and other publicly accessible code.
About Full Slate
- Full Slate was founded in 2008 with the idea that there's a better way for local businesses to sell their services on the web. Online scheduling helps small businesses book more appointments, convert clicks into new clients, and build a loyal clientele. Not to mention it saves a lot of time.
- Today most Americans turn to the Internet first to find local businesses. When service providers use Full Slate, prospective clients searching online can see their open timeslots and immediately book an appointment.
- Over 70% of consumers say they want to be able to make appointments online - and this kind of convenience can be a deciding factor when choosing a service provider. With online scheduling, there's no time wasted playing phone tag and no lost leads.
- Coupled with Full Slate, online advertising can generate more than just clicks or calls for a local small business. It can deliver booked appointments. We help advertisers make sure they're get their money’s worth online by measuring the ultimate CPA: cost per appointment.
- And it’s not just about new clients - Full Slate drives repeat business too. Online appointment scheduling leads clients to book more often and plan farther ahead. Plus the built-in client database and email marketing tools help businesses develop lasting relationships.
- All of which leads to a Full Slate.